Have you ever used Nair Face Cream?
Many of us have, and with good reason. After all, it’s the number one selling facial hair removal cream in the United States.
But is this popular product really safe to use?
In this article, we’ll consider some of the potential risks associated with using Nair Face Cream and how they can affect your overall health.
- 1 What Is Nair Face Cream?
- 2 How Does Nair Face Cream Work?
- 3 What Are Common Side Effects Of Nair Face Cream?
- 4 What Are The Risks Of Using Nair Face Cream?
- 5 What Ingredients Are Found In Nair Face Cream?
- 6 Are Harsh Chemicals Found In Nair Face Cream?
- 7 How Can I Avoid Allergic Reactions To Nair Face Cream?
- 8 Rarer Side Effects
- 9 Finishing Off…
What Is Nair Face Cream?
Nair Face Cream has some unique properties that make it stand out from other depilatory creams on the market.
Nair Face Cream is designed specifically for use on delicate skin such as that on your face. It contains natural ingredients like aloe vera and vitamin E which help nourish and protect your skin while providing effective hair removal results in just minutes
The cream is also easy to apply; you simply spread a thin layer over the area of unwanted hair, wait three minutes then wipe away with a damp cloth or washcloth. Nair Face Cream will leave behind smooth, soft skin.
How Does Nair Face Cream Work?
At the core of any Nair product is sodium hydroxide, which breaks down keratin proteins in the skin that hold follicles together. When these proteins are broken down, individual hairs can be easily removed from the skin without causing irritation or discomfort.
Additionally, Nair contains mineral oil and lanolin, two ingredients that help to reduce skin sensitivity during use and promote healing afterward.
What Are Common Side Effects Of Nair Face Cream?
It is possible for some users to get redness or irritation in the area where the cream has been applied. This can be especially true if the directions are not followed closely or if an allergic reaction occurs due to one of the ingredients in the formula.
What Are The Risks Of Using Nair Face Cream?
First and foremost, there is always a risk of irritation when applying any topical creams. This may range from mild stinging or burning sensations at the site of application all the way up to more serious rashes and other skin reactions such as hives.
To reduce your chances of experiencing side effects:
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and follow them precisely;
- Test out a small patch on another area of skin first;
- Avoid contact with broken or inflamed skin.
Another concern is that overuse could lead to dryness or even discoloration of the skin, especially if used too frequently or left on for longer than recommended. If this happens, stop using immediately and switch to an alternative method of hair removal
What Ingredients Are Found In Nair Face Cream?
The main active ingredient in Nair face cream is sodium thioglycolate, which works to break down the proteins that make up body hair. It also contains several other ingredients such as mineral oil, stearyl alcohol, ceteth-20, water, glyceryl monostearate, propylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose and fragrance:
- Sodium Thioglycolate – breaks down proteins in body hair
- Mineral Oil – softens skin
- Stearyl Alcohol – provides moisturizing properties
- Ceteth-20 – helps distribute the product evenly on skin surface
- Water – hydrates skin cell
- Glyceryl Monostearate – acts as an emulsifier helping bind oils together with water
- Propylene Glycol – humectant that helps keep moisture locked into the skin
- Hydroxyethylcellulose – used to stabilize products and help them spread smoothly over the skin’s surface
- Fragrance – adds scent to the lotion or cream
Are Harsh Chemicals Found In Nair Face Cream?
Nair face cream does not contain any known harsh or harmful chemicals; however, some milder irritants can be found in its list of ingredients.
Propylene glycol and sodium thioglycolate are two examples of these milder irritants. They work together to break down hair follicles so that they can be easily removed from the skin without causing too much discomfort or damage.
How Can I Avoid Allergic Reactions To Nair Face Cream?
To ensure that your skin retains its natural luster without any negative repercussions, here are a few tips to follow:
- Always start by doing an allergy test on a small area of skin before applying the cream more liberally.
- Take extra caution when using near sensitive areas like eyes or lips; never let them come into contact with the cream.
- If irritation persists after use, discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice.
Rarer Side Effects
In some cases, people have experienced rarer side effects when removing body hair. These include a rash, swelling, or flaking skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, you should avoid using Nair.
If you experience numbness, swelling, burning, or fever while using Nair, immediately discontinue use and contact a medical professional.
If you had skin irritation or another bad experience with Nair when removing facial hair, you might try another depilatory cream brand with a different formula.
Several facial hair removal creams on the market are formulated using natural ingredients, which might be a better option for sensitive skin. You may also want to try an unbranded hair removal cream or even a hair removal spray.
The vast majority of people who use Nair face cream don’t experience any adverse reaction – so if you do find yourself feeling uncomfortable after application, this doesn’t necessarily mean there’s anything wrong with your skin or the product itself.
However, it does mean that you need to carefully monitor your usage of it going forward.
Also worth noting is that certain individuals may find themselves more sensitive to the ingredients in Nair face cream than others – for example those with pre-existing conditions such as eczema or dermatitis might wish to consult their doctor before using it on their face.