Skin tag freeze kits are sometimes used to remove skin tags. Skin tags are small stems that protrude from your skin and can appear anywhere that has creases. Constant rubbing is the main factor that develops these skin marks.
There are different methods and equipment to remove skin tags.
You can treat the marks with the help of professionals. However, there are a wide variety of products on the market that you can apply at home.
- 1 Pros and cons of professional and home methods
- 2 Cause of the appearance of skin tags
- 3 Removal of skin tags using skin tag freeze kits
- 4 Reasons to remove skin tags
- 5 What is Cryotherapy or Skin Tag Freeze Kits?
Pros and cons of professional and home methods
- Professional methods eliminate tags quickly, managing to remove them in a single session. On the other hand, homemade methods can take from 3 weeks to 1 month for the tag to dry and fall off.
- The treatments performed by professionals are effective, so you avoid paying extra if something were to go wrong with your home treatment.
- Some devices on the market designed to remove warts, moles, or skin tags do not have clinical studies that demonstrate the safety of the equipment, and that can cause burns and even mask cancer cases. Professional treatments are generally safe, reliable, and effective.
- Professional treatments are usually more expensive than home treatment.
- Home treatments or creams and devices on the market can generate unwanted marks, compared to professional treatment that does not leave marks on the patient’s skin.
- Both methods should be taken care of after the tags are removed so that the affected area does not receive sun or rainwater.
- People with obesity have a high tendency for skin tags to appear due to the friction between the skin folds.
- Diabetes is another factor that causes the appearance of these tags.
- The friction produced by clothing and accessories also causes the presence of tags.
- They are associated with the aging of the individual. Tags are unlikely to be seen in children as it is common in adulthood and old age.
- Heredity is another cause for individuals to develop skin tags.
- There is the perianal label that is common in people with the disease known as Crohn’s.
- In the second trimester of pregnancy, women are very likely to develop skin marks.
- Hormonal change is a factor for the generation of tags.
- Ultraviolet radiation is a factor that can cause the appearance of tags.
Skin tags can be removed through various methods and home tricks. Despite the number of treatments, there is one known as freezing of skin tags or Cryotherapy.
Investigate before removing skin tag
The main reason to remove the tags is because of the aesthetics and cosmetics of the skin since different people want to enjoy smooth and flawless skin that becomes somewhat uncomfortable being in a visible area.
Another reason is the discomfort caused by rubbing against the folds of the skin and clothing, which can cause irritation, wounds, and itching.
What is Cryotherapy or Skin Tag Freeze Kits?
Cryotherapy is a method that consists of therapeutic freezing with liquid nitrite, that is, applying low temperatures to the skin tag or warts to destroy local tissue in an effective, safe, and non-traumatic way.
It is used for the treatment of specific skin lesions such as warts, flat, seborrheic, lentigo simple, skin tags, and keratosis, by cryogens or gaseous substances that when evaporating produce cold.
Advantages of Cryotherapy
- It does not require local anesthetic because it is a simple procedure.
- It produces no pain.
- There are no marks on the skin, so the healing has an excellent aesthetic result.
- It is a quick treatment.
- It does not require preparation before the intervention.
- It is rare to get an infection.
- Recovery is quick.
The material used in Cryotherapy
- Sterile field
- Disinfection of the area.
- Remove the first layer of the label with a scalpel until bleeding occurs.
- Apply the cryogen to the label until the surface turns white, and a halo develops around the tag.
- When the halo disappears, the operation is repeated.
- Depending on the size of the skin tag, the tag is frozen and thawed for 2 to 4 cycles.
- Disinfect the wound and cover with gauze.
- Carry out the corresponding cycles and repeat 3 or 4 weeks in a row.
The feeling of the patient is a numbness as if he had an ice cube on the skin tag. Then he feels like the area burns when the tag is thawed, making it a somewhat uncomfortable treatment for the patient; however, it is less invasive than other procedures.
1. Cryotherapy treatment is susceptible to the sun, so protection against UV rays is essential.
2. In the case of a blister, avoid exploding it and go to the doctor.
3. Avoid applying this treatment near the hair follicles as they weaken it.
4. Visit the doctor after 15 days.
5. The treated area dries in 1 or 2 weeks.
6. The cycles should last from 8 to 10 seconds; in this way, damage to the nail matrix is avoided.
This method can lead to a series of clinical effects such as hives due to the release of histamine, edema, vesiculation in the first 24 hours, and breaking after 48 hours, crusting, and cell regeneration.
Despite the effects, this treatment does not leave a scar on the affected area, achieving a smooth and aesthetically perfect appearance.
Although pain and burning during Cryotherapy are uncomfortable to bear,
It is one of the most common options to remove skin tags that have formed on our bodies. If you want perfect skin, it is one of the treatments recommended by dermatologists, so consult your doctor and perform the best method that is convenient for your skin and health.