Skin tags can be removed through various methods and home tricks. There is one known as freezing of skin tags or Cryotherapy.
The main reason to remove the tags is because of the skin’s aesthetics and cosmetics since different people want to enjoy smooth and flawless skin that becomes somewhat uncomfortable being in a visible area.
Another reason is the discomfort caused by rubbing against the skin and clothing folds, which can cause irritation, wounds, and itching.
What is Cryotherapy or Skin Tag Freeze Kits?
Cryotherapy is a method that consists of therapeutic freezing with liquid nitrite, that is, applying low temperatures to the skin tag or warts to destroy local tissue in an effective, safe, and non-traumatic way.
It is used to treat specific skin lesions such as warts, flat, seborrheic, lentigo simple, skin tags, and keratosis, by cryogens or gaseous substances that, when evaporating, produce cold.
Advantages of Cryotherapy
- It does not require a local anesthetic because it is a simple procedure.
- It produces no pain.
- There are no marks on the skin, so the healing has an excellent aesthetic result.
- It is a quick treatment.
- It does not require preparation before the intervention.
- It is rare to get an infection.
- Recovery is quick.
The material used in Cryotherapy
- Sterile field
- Disinfection of the area.
- Remove the first layer of the label with a scalpel until bleeding occurs.
- Apply the cryogen to the label until the surface turns white, and a halo develops around the tag.
- When the halo disappears, the operation is repeated.
- Depending on the skin tag’s size, the tag is frozen and thawed for 2 to 4 cycles.
- Disinfect the wound and cover with gauze.
- Carry out the corresponding cycles and repeat 3 or 4 weeks in a row.
The patient’s feeling is numbness as if he had an ice cube on the skin tag. Then he feels like the area burns when the tag is thawed, making it a somewhat uncomfortable treatment for the patient; however, it is less invasive than other procedures.
1. Cryotherapy treatment is susceptible to the sun, so protection against UV rays is essential.
2. In the case of a blister, avoid exploding it and go to the doctor.
3. Avoid applying this treatment near the hair follicles as they weaken it.
4. Visit the doctor after 15 days.
5. The treated area dries in 1 or 2 weeks.
6. The cycles should last from 8 to 10 seconds; thus, damage to the nail matrix is avoided.
This method can lead to a series of clinical effects such as hives due to the release of histamine, edema, vesiculation in the first 24 hours, and breaking after 48 hours, crusting, and cell regeneration.
Despite the effects, this treatment does not leave a scar on the affected area, achieving a smooth and aesthetically perfect appearance.
Although pain and burning during Cryotherapy are uncomfortable to bear,
It is one of the most common options to remove skin tags that have formed on our bodies. If you want perfect skin, it is one of the treatments recommended by dermatologists, so consult your doctor and perform the best method convenient for your skin and health.