Getting rid of unwanted hair in your brows is a key to show up a precise and perfect brow shape that will help to stand out your eyes and complements your favorite facial features. There are several ways to remove eyebrow hair and the right one for you depends on your skin type and if you want a natural or defined look. Here’s a guide for you to know all about eyebrow hair removal.
This is the most popular procedure. To get this procedure done you need to go to a salon with specialists who have extensive knowledge on how to achieve the best brow shape according to your facial features. Trying to wax your brows at home can end in a disaster and damage your brow shape permanently.
This procedure is performed by applying warm wax over the areas with undesired hair and removing it with paper strips. It pulls the hair from the root which provides a long-lasting result and hair will grow finer. This hair removal method is ideal for those who want a defined brow shape.
- It is the faster eyebrow hair removal method
- The hair will take longer to grow
- It can remove even the tiniest hair
- No risk of ingrown hairs
- Professional result
- It is not suitable for people with sensitive skin
- You can develop an allergic reaction
- Your skin will experience some redness after the procedure
- If the wax is too hot it can burn your skin
- Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun
- Go to a qualified place otherwise, you can suffer undesired side effects and end up with a bad brow shape
Threading originated in Iran, India, and central Asia. This method involves using a thread that is held between the specialist’s hands and grabs the hair to pull it from the root. Unlike waxing, threading gives you full control over which hairs are removed and results in a more natural shape. It doesn’t pull the skin like waxing which makes it suitable for sensitive skin and doesn’t involve the use of heat or chemicals.
- It is a gentle eyebrow hair removal option
- There is no risk of allergic reactions
- Reduce the risk of irritation and redness
- Provides a precise and more natural look
- Long-lasting results
- Removes even the shortest hair
- Works on all skin types
- It tends to be more painful than waxing
- The pores will be open after the procedure so avoid touching the area
- Avoid direct sun exposure after the treatment
- If you go to an unqualified place where proper hygiene rules aren’t followed you have the risk of suffering an infection
- Avoid applying makeup for the next 24 hours
- You may experience some redness
- The specialist can nick or cut the skin while threading
This is one of the few procedures that you can perform at home. It involves using tweezers to pluck individual hairs until you reach the desired brow shape. To successfully pluck your brow hairs, grab them from the base and pull the hair in the direction it grows. Pluck the brow hairs after going into the shower because the hair follicles will be open.
- It is the most affordable option
- You can perform it at home
- Control over the hairs that you will pluck
- It doesn’t involve the use of chemicals and if you know how to use the tweezers it won’t harm your skin
- When it comes to eyebrow plucking, less is more. Avoid overplucking your eyebrows or you could end up with an undesired brow shape
- Avoid using old pairs of tweezers
- Apply aloe vera after plucking to prevent any redness
- If you let your brows grow to much it will take a long time to reach the desired shape
- Don’t use a magnifying mirror to avoid overplucking your brows
- Avoid pinching your skin while plucking your eyebrows to avoid doing any harm to your skin
- Outline the desired shape of your brow with a brow pencil and only pluck the hairs out of that line
It feels like shaving your brows but a precise and fine trimmer that is specially designed for small areas like eyebrows or to get rid of peach fuzz. You can easily perform this at home. The best electric trimmers have a micro-blade technology that is able to remove the shortest hair.
- The procedure is fast and painless
- It doesn’t irritate your skin
- Easy to use and most electric trimmers are portable meaning that you can get rid of unwanted hair anywhere and anytime
- It doesn’t pull the hair from the roots so it will grow faster than with other hair removal methods
- Not suitable for people with very thick hair
Aka electrology, is a method to remove individual brow hairs. It works by destroying the growth center of the hair with heat or chemical energy. This is a treatment that needs to be performed at a professional place and you will need several sessions in order to get rid of undesired hair. It is a permanent hair removal method.
- You won’t need maintenance sessions
- It is safe and doesn’t damage the skin
- Provides a precise result
- The technician has plenty of control over which hairs are going to be removed
- No more need for other eyebrow hair removal methods
- May require several sessions to finish the treatment!
- It is more expensive than other options
- May cause pain and discomfort
- If you go to an unqualified place you may end up with skin discoloration
Having the perfect brow shape isn’t hard if you know which hair removal method is best for your skin type and preferences. Before making a choice, consider the type of shape you want (natural or defined), your pain level tolerance and your budget. If you decide to get your eyebrows done, then you should visit a qualified salon to ensure you get the best results.